Thursday, October 30

Anderson Cooper is a Rockstar

I know I'm a bit late to realize that (and I know I'm known for being huli sa balita). Can't blame me, first time I ever saw Anderson Cooper was when he was filling in for Regis. That doesn't make him any less the rockstar that people see him to be though.

Must be cool to know you've made such a big difference and not give a damn.

Anyways, I'm just excited I could grab a copy of Dispatches from the Edge on Ebay. I like how Cooper manages to be so transparent even on print: "The only thing I really knew is that I was hurting and needed to go someplace where the pain outside matched the pain I was feeling inside." This is exactly how I wanna write someday, this is the kind of prose writer I'd like to be.

The best piece on Anderson Cooper that I've found so far is on nymag.com. It's like Anderson Cooper 101 for those who have never even heard of his contribution to New Orleans post-Katrina.

0 comments: