Friday, October 24

Me Want a Mohl-Uh-Skee-Nuh



How would I use a Moleskine? Let me count the ways...

I do not just create words but I actually get more stimulation out of creating letters on a surface (any surface: notebooks, table napkins, hell even walls for some time) with the strokes of my fingers, enticing the paper with my pen. Here's how much I love the written language: Two of my three tattoos are made up of words, "Born to make mistakes" and "Drei's". What's more, I'm a very impulsive writer. So if I had a Moleskine, I would probably scribble in it more than I would email my fiancé.

Ever since my significant other has destroyed my notebook (it was made of thick, thick brown recycled paper and oh how I loved to write on its pages... sigh) - it simply contained too many remarks about insignificant others from the past - I have downgraded to a spiral notepad that has less sentimental value and that I have filled with even less significant contents: grocery lists, budget lists, lyrics of my current earworm, lists of books to read, music to download, movies to look for in Quiapo. Lists, lists, lists. I suddenly transformed into a less introspective, more practical, nay, mechanical writer.

And that, my fellow prose lovers, simply proves that your passion for writing is directly connected to your relationship with the instruments you write with. Now imagine what a Moleskine would do to your writing habits. You wouldn't even need an inspiration anymore, the notebook itself would already be your muse. I can already picture the pages I would fill with pensive thoughts, happy thoughts, angry thoughts... thoughts, and not lists. I might even take up sketching again.

If I don't win any of the contests by Avalon.ph, I'll just have to wish for one for my birthday. A Moleskine's simply too special to just purchase yourself... I know, very drama queen of me.

For those of you who got all drooly over Moleskine, the series of contests has now started on the Wifely Steps blog and there'll be more to come til December, so why not take your chances.

1 comments:

Avalon ph said...

Thank you very much for joining the Avalon.ph Moleskine Giveaways, hope to see you joining the other contests! / Jas